Portable Apps version of ClamWin
In recent years, ClamWin has fallen behind ClamAV and isn't being upgraded as often. As a result it is using an older AV engine that is no longer supported. This article describes how to get a more recent engine using Portable Apps.
- Log on to your Windows machine with your user account.
- Browse to https://portableapps.com/apps/security
- Click ClamWin Portable.
- Click the green Download from PortableApps.com button.
- Run the downloaded .exe file.
- Select Run ClamWin Portable.
- Click Finish.
- Click Yes to download the Virus Definitions Database.
- Click Close once the download is finished.
After a few minutes ClamWin Portable will be installed with the latest virus definitions and you can scan any part of your computer by selecting a drive or a folder within and clicking Scan.
IMPORTANT: Note that the way that Portable Apps works, will mean that this is only installed for the current user.
Thanks for visiting,