Editing RAW images with Gimp
Gimp has some native support for the RAW format, but it seems to be quite limited. Additionally the RAW format is implemented differently across camera manufacturers and even across different camera models.
RawTherapee allows you to open RAW images and save them to the .jpg format, which can then be opened in Gimp. It reportedly supports a wide range of RAW formats.
- Browse to the download section for RawTherapee.
- Choose the appropriate installation for your operating system.
- Follow the installation wizard.
- Start by selecting the File Browser tab, top-left.
- Browse to the folder where your RAW images are located.
- Double-click one of the images to start editing.
Thanks for visiting.