Configuring with the web interface
You will need a workstation connected to the internal side of the ClarkConnect server. Initially your ClarkConnect server isn't configured for DHCP so you will need to manually set the IP address for your workstation (eg address 192.168.1.7, mask 255.255.255.0).
- Browse to https://192.168.1.1:81/admin/ (you may need to add the security certificate as an exception).
- If you're using DNS Caching Nameserver you could browse to https://gateway:81/admin/
- You should now be looking at the ClarkConnect Dashboard.
- Network > DHCP: You can configure the scope and static addresses here.
- Account Manager > Organization: You should enter your centre's details here.
- Account Manager > Groups: You can add groups (eg ITSupport).
- Account Manager > Users: You should enter a new user account separate from the root account and make it a member of the ITSupport group.
- Account Manager > Administrators: You should make the new user an administrator so that you don't have to log on as root.
- Services > Register System: You can now register the system using your online ClarkConnect account (create one if you haven't already).
- Services > Critical Updates: You should apply the critical updates (this might take a little while).
- Software > Web Proxy: You can start the service and set it to automatically start on boot. Additionally you should enable "Transparent Mode".
- Software > Content Filter: You can start the service and set it to automatically start on boot.
- Software > Web Proxy: You can now enable "Content Filter".
- Software > Windows File Sharing: You can enable and autostart this service.
- Account Manager > LDAP: You can enable this service.
- Software > Windows File Sharing: With PDC enabled you can choose an admin account to be used when adding new workstations. Logon Home can be \\files\%U with a Logon Drive as H: and this will map the H drive to the users home directory.
- Services > Software Modules: You can install additional services here.
Read the manual
It's now time to read the manual to find out how to setup for your particular service. All configuration is done through the web interface.
Here are some fine ideas for a ClarkConnect Server.
- Cross Platform File Server
- Proxy Server
- Internet Content Filtering
- Backup Server
- Gateway Server
Thanks for visiting.