What is content filtering?
Using the ClarkConnect web interface go to Services > Software Modules and put a tick in the box!
It will typically take a few minutes to complete the install.
To configure the content filter go to Software > Content filter.
Some of the tasks you might want to perform here include...
- Block a specific site: Click the edit button next to Site lists, and add the site name you want to ban to the banned site list (NB: entering schoolitexpert.com will ban www.schoolitexpert as well as blog.schoolitexpert.com and all subsites).
- Allow a specific site: Sometimes a website might become inaccessible due to phrase list blocking (eg. sex education site). Click the edit button next to Site lists, and add the site name to the exception site list.
- Protect against certain phrases: Click the edit button next to Phrase lists, tick against the genre of phrases that you want to activate and click update.
- Block extensions: Click the edit button next to Extensions / MIME, put a tick against the extensions that you want to ban (eg. .exe, .mp3 etc) and click update.
- Sensitivity: You might also want to adjust the sensitivity of the filter.
Thanks for visiting.