Configuring your browser to use ClearOS proxy
If you are using ClearOS proxy and content filtering, you will need to force your browsers to use the proxy server. This article describes how to configure your browser accordingly. Note that these steps aren't required when using Gateway Management.
Browser internet options
For these settings to work your browsers need to have the following proxy setting.
- Start Firefox.
- Click the three bars (top-right) and choose Options.
- Scroll to the bottom, and in the Network Settings section click the Settings... button.
- Select the Auto-detect proxy settings for this network radio button.
- Click OK.
- Start Chrome.
- Click the three dots (top-right) and choose Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom, and expand the Advanced section.
- Scroll to the bottom again, and in the System section click Open proxy settings.
- In the Internet Properties dialog box, click LAN settings.
- Select Automatically detect settings, and leave all other checkboxes unticked.
- Click OK and then OK again to close the dialog box.
Thanks for visiting.