Configuring your newly built FOG server
You can configure the dhcp service to suit your environment.
Larger files for php
Log on to the server, and configure php to allow larger snapin files to be uploaded by editing php.ini.sudo vi /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
Change the following entries...memory_limit = 1900M
Save changes and restart the apache2 service.sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Configure network card for multicasting
Logon to your FOG server and run the following...sudo ifconfig eth0 multicast
Change the password
It's very important to change the default FOG user password.
Tip for wireless users
- Go to Other Information > FOG Settings
- Change FOG_SERVICE_HOSTREGISTER_ENABLED to a value of 0.
This will stop your wireless access card MAC addresses being ported into the database and thus creating 2 entries for the same workstation.
A quick test
Give your your installation a quick test with this routine.
- Click on the Host Management button (single monitor).
- Click Add a new host.
- Enter a hostname and MAC address of a machine on your network.
- Click on the Task Management button (star).
- Click List all hosts and click the Advanced button for the machine that you've just added.
- Scroll down and select Memory test and click the button to confirm.
- Click Active tasks to see the job that you've just created.
- Configure the machine in your network to boot using the NIC (PXE boot).
- Congratulations if your machine is now running a memory test!