Building an Openfiler SAN solution
- x86 or x64 based computer.
- 512 MB Memory.
- 1 GB storage for Openfiler software.
- At least one NIC.
Suggested VM Setup
- Version: Other 2.6x Linux (32-bit)
- 512 MB Memory
- 2 GB hard drive for Openfiler
- Various hard drives for storage
- NIC attached to host-only network.
Insert Openfiler CD and boot your machine.
- Press Enter to install in graphical mode.
- Click OK to test the media (or you can Skip this step if you prefer).
- Click Next on the welcome screen.
- Select your Keyboard layout and click Next.
- Select Automatically partition and click Next.
- Click Yes to initialise all drives (thereby deleting any data on them).
- Remove existing partitions if necessary and click Next.
- Click Next to confirm Disk Setup.
- If you're using the minimum of 512 MB memory, swap space will be configured immediately.
- Network Devices: Click Edit.
- Deselect Configure using DHCP and enter your static IP address.
- You will now be able to add your Gateway and DNS settings.
- Hostname: Select manually.
- Enter the hostname (eg san.itschoolexpert.local).
- Select your Time Zone.
- Select System clock uses UTC.
- Set Root Password.
- Click Next and Openfiler will be installed (takes a short while depending on resources).
- Reboot when finished.
Now you can configure your Openfiler SAN.
Thanks for visiting.