Initial configurations for Proxmox VE
It is good practice to update the operating system. You'll need to log on to the physical server, using the root account that you created during the install.
Run the following commands.
Press Q to quit any news items. Note that you should receive an email, with the news items.
- Label the active NIC that you used for installation as External, and the remaining NIC as Internal.
- Remove the No valid subscription warning.
- Add a user account, so that you aren't logging on as root.
- Create any additional virtual bridges for other NICs and a host-only bridge.
- Upload ISO files that you will need.
- After you've added some VMs you might want to adjust their auto-startup configuration.
Thanks for visiting.