Creating KVM Virtual Machines
To create a KVM virtual machine, you must follow a wizard. For numbering conventions I like to start with a VM ID of 201 for KVM virtual machines.
- Click the Create VM button.
- Enter a VM ID (e.g. 201).
- Enter a meaningful Hostname (e.g. clearos-01).
- Choose a Resource Pool (if applicable).
- Choose a family of OS (e.g. Microsoft Windows XP/2003).
- Select an ISO image to use as a CD/DVD installation disk.
- Choose a QEMU image format.
- Leave CPU defaults.
- Select Max and Min Memory limits (e.g. 1024, 512).
- Choose the correct Bridge for this container to use.
- Leave the NIC Model as Intel E1000.
- Click Finish.
Your KVM virtual machine will typically be created in a few seconds. At this stage you might want to add virtual hardware in the form of new hard drives or NICs.
Thanks for visiting.