Adding physical storage
We will start by adding the 1TB drive to act as storage for our VMs.
- Start by accessing your node using SSH.
- Now you need to add the 1TB drive.
- Type is 15 (Linux filesystem).
- Format it as ext4.
- Mount it to /mnt/vms.
Now you can configure Proxmox to use the newly added drive.
- Logon to Proxmox.
- Select Datacenter in the left pane.
- Select the Storage tab.
- Click Add > Directory.
- ID: vms
- Directory: /mnt/vms
- Content: Disk Image, Container template, Container.
- Click Add.
Note that Max backups allows you configure the number of stored backups per VM. When you exceed this number, the oldest backup is deleted.
Thanks for visiting.