Installing MAMP on your Mac OS X workstation
Visit the MAMP site for more information.
- Start by visiting the site and downloading the latest version.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file.
- Double-click the extracted .dmg file.
- Drag the MAMP folder into you Applications folder.
- To start MAMP, double-click /Applications/MAMP/MAMP
Tip for a Joomla installation
With the latest version of MAMP using MySQL 5.5 you may find the following tip useful.
- In a text editor open /Installation/sql/mysql/joomla.sql
- Replace all the TYPE=MyISAM with ENGINE=MyISAM entries.
Thanks for visiting,