How to install Xibo Digital Signage
Xibo is an open-source project which means you can download the latest version for free.
Installation of the Server
The server is a web server, and having a web server as the platform means that you could build your own on-site LAMP server for each separate site, or you can use your internet web server to allow a single Digital Signage program to be published across various sites, giving you a consistent "corporate image". Investigate web hosting for more information.
- Create a MySQL database (eg called Xibo) and create an admin user.
- Create an appropriate sub domain (eg Xibo.yourdomain.com).
- Download xibo-server-1.0.3-1.zip
- Extract the zip file on your web host.
- Browse to http://xibo.yourdomain.com and follow the wizard.
The client is currently only available for a Windows XP workstation (work is underway to develop a Linux client).
- Build a Windows XP workstation.
- Download xibo-client-1.0.3-win32-x86.msi
- Right-click the downloaded file and choose Install.
- Follow the wizard.
Once installation is complete take a look at Xibo Getting Started (1.03 MB)
Thanks for visiting.