Installing LiveCode on Mac OSX
The first step in creating an iOS app, is to install the Xcode application on your Mac device. However Xcode can be difficult to learn. LiveCode is a coding environment that sits on top of Xcode, that you may find easier to work with. This articles describes the process of installing LiveCode.
This installation is being run on OSX 10.9.2. I expect that the procedure will be similar for recent versions of OSX.
Start by browsing to the LiveCode website.
- Browse to https://livecode.com.
- Create a user account with your email address.
- You'll need to verify your account, by clicking the link sent to your email account.
- Log on to the LiveCode website.
- Click your username top-right.
- Click My Products.
- Download LiveCode Community for Mac.
- Mount the downloaded .dmg file.
- Double-click the Install LiveCode Community icon.
- Follow the Wizard to install LiveCode.
- You can skip the User Account Creation screen, as you've already created a user account.
Thanks for visiting,