Using Etcher to create bootable memory sticks
Start by installing Etcher.
- Browse to https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- Download the version for Mac OSX.
- Run the downloaded .dmg file.
- Drag balenaEtcher to your Applications folder.
Prepare your memory stick
Before using your memory stick, and to reduce the chance of strange errors, I recommend removing all partitions. I use GParted, but you can use whatever partition manager you prefer. You can install GParted on Ubuntu.
Now you can simply run Etcher in three steps.
- Choose Flash from file and browse to your .iso file for any Linux OS.
- Select your USB memory stick from the Select target options.
- Click Flash! button.
Thanks for visiting.