How to record system audio
Start by downloading Soundflower.
- Visit https://soundflower.en.softonic.com/mac/download
- Click the download link for the latest version (2.0.b2 at the time of writing).
Now you can run the downloaded .dmg file to install.
- You will initially need to allow the install to proceed by visiting System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- When you first run the package, it will seem to fail.
- You will then need to revisit System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click on the Allow button next to “MATT INGALS”.
Now when you want to record system audio, you could use Audacity or some other sound editor, and choose Soundflower for the Audio Input.
Thanks for visiting.