Creating a one-off user account (for exams)
The objective here is to create an exam user account on for a small number of students. Students cannot have access to their regular ‘my documents’ and any generic student share. Students will typically need to have access to a printer.
- UserAccount: ExamStudent-01 Password: xxxx
- UserAccount: ExamStudent-02 Password: xxxx
Password never expires. User cannot change password
Security Groups needed
ExamStudents. ExamStudent-01 etc will need to be a member of this group.
Home Directories > Students > Generic Students > ExamStudents etc
Home Directories (Security Properties)
Deselect Allow Inheritable Permissions from parent… and delete all permissions.
Add the following:
- Administrators Allow: Full Control
- NetworkAdmins Allow: Full Control
- Creator/Owner Allow: Full Control (SubFolders and Files Only)
Next Level Groups (Security Properties)
ExamStudents Allow: Traverse Folder (This Folder, Subfolders and files)
Thanks for visiting.