Manually create a DNS entry for Server 2003
Create a DNS entry
This article assumes that DNS is installed on your server.
- Log on to your Server 2003.
- Go to Start > Administrative Tools > DNS.
- Browse to YourServerName > Forward Lookup Zones > YourDomain.
- Right-click on YourDomain and select New Host (A)...
- Enter the Name and IP address of the host that you want to add.
- Leave the Create associated pointer (PTR) record checked.
- Click Add Host.
- Click OK if you get a warning, and click Done.
Thanks for visiting.