Installing Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 is becoming popular in schools. This article shows how to build Server 2008 from scratch. I've included some vm considerations.
- Choose Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit) as the version.
- Select 1 GB of ram.
- Use a 20GB hard drive.
- Configure the NIC to connect to your internal network.
- Remove the floppy drive.
- Choose Language, Time and Keyboard and click Next.
- Click Install Now.
- Select the version (eg Windows Server 2008 Enterprise - Full).
- Agree the License terms and click Next.
- Which type of installation do you want? Choose Custom (advanced).
- Select your drive, and click Next.
- The installation may take about 20 minutes depending on your hardware and which version you chose in step 3.
Initial Log on
- Click OK to log on for the first time.
- Set the Administrator password and click the arrow.
- Click OK.
Install VMware tools
If you've deployed this server as a vm, now you can install VMware tools.
Your now ready to configure your Server 2008.
Thanks for visiting,