How to install IIS in Server 2008
A default installation of Windows Server 2008 does not include an installation of Internet Information Services (ie the Web Server role in Windows). This article covers the steps required for this installation.
- Go to Start > Server Manager.
- Choose Roles from the left pane, and then click Add Roles.
- Click Next.
- Choose Web Server (IIS) and click Next.
- Click Add required features, and click Next, and Next again.
- Add the Application development tools that you need (eg. ASP.NET).
- Read the summary details and click Install.
The server takes a short while to install IIS (typically about 10 mins). Click Close when it's finished.
Confirm that the Web server works by browsing to https://localhost.
Thanks for visiting.