Adding a new hard disk
You may need to increase your storage capacity by adding a new hard disk. Additionally it's good practice to store user data on a separate partition if not a separate hard disk.
This article describes the procedure for adding a new disk, and putting a partition on it.
Once you've installed the new hard drive, you can start by logging on with an administrator account.
- Start the Server Manager if it's not already started.
- In the left pane, go to File and Storage Services.
- Choose Disks, and your new disk should be visible in the main window.
- Right-click your new disk and choose Bring online.
- Click Yes to the warning.
- With your new hard drive selected, go to the Volumes area and click the link to start the New Volume Wizard.
- Click Next on the Before you begin page.
- Click Next to confirm your disk selection.
- Click OK to the warning.
- Confirm the Volume size.
- Assign a Drive letter.
- Leave the File System Settings on their default settings.
- Click Create on the Confirm selections page.
- Close the Wizard when the task is complete.
Thanks for visiting.