Installing the Backup Feature for Microsoft Server 2012
This article will show you how to install the Windows Backup Server feature for Microsoft Server 2012, and how to get started.. The article assumes that you have the GUI environment enabled.
Install Backup Server
To get started we will install Backup Server
- Start by opening the Server Manager (bottom left).
- Go to Manage > Add Roles and Features.
- Click Next on the Before you begin page.
- Leave the default Role-based or Feature-based installation type, and click Next.
- Select your server and click Next.
- Cick Next on the Select server roles page.
- On the Select features page, choose Windows Server Backup.
- On the summary page, select Restart the destination server automatically if required.
- Click Install.
- Click Close when the installation has finished.
Windows Server Backp will typically take a few minutes to install.
Once the installation is finished you will need to configure your server to start backing up..
- Start by opening the Server Manager if needed.
- Go to Tools > Windows Server Backup.
- Select Local Backup in the left pane.
Thanks for visiting.