Build an Ubuntu file server
- Software Selection
- OpenSSH server
- Samba file server
- IP address
- Set a static IP address that conforms to your network.
Watch out for a leaking memory bug.
- If you need to add some RAID storage you can configure your RAID.
- You will typically need to add some users and groups.
- You can protect your file systems from data overload by installing and configuring quotas.
- You will need to configure Samba, so that users can share files.
- You might need to configure the default UMASK setting.
- If your server is headless, you might want it to beep when it's ready.
Thanks for visiting.