Joining an Active Directory domain
The first step is to install the Likewise software.
- Log on to your Ubuntu server.
- sudo apt-get install wget
- wget http://schoolitexpert.com/data/software/linux/apps/likewise/ubuntu-126.96.36.19932i386-installer
- chmod 700 ubuntu-188.8.131.5232i386-installer
- sudo ./ubuntu-184.108.40.20632i386-installer
- Press Enter twice to read the agreement.
- Press Y twice to continue.
- Press Enter to finish the installation
Join Active Directory domain
- sudo /opt/likewise/bin/domainjoin-cli join yourdomain.local Administrator
- Enter Administrator's password.
- sudo shutdown -r now
You can now log on using domain\username.
Bear in mind that your domain account isn't a member of the sudoers group and therefore doesn't have the same level of permissions as your local user account.
Thanks for visiting.