Configuring an Ubuntu Server
Run the following commands to make sure that your installation of ubuntu is upto date.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Here are some additional configurations that you may find useful.
- Set a static IP address.
- Install SNMP if you want to monitor this server.
- Join your AD domain if you have one.
- Update the DNS record on Server 2003.
- Update the DNS record on ClarkConnect.
- Create a file server using Samba.
- Add new Users and Groups.
Thanks for visiting.