How to block browser add-ons
Google Chrome adm and admx policies
Start by logging on with a local administrator account. Then download and extract the following file:
Now you can run the Group Policy Editor.
- Click the Start button and run gpedit.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, right-click on Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates and choose Add/Remove Templates...
- In the dialog box, click the Add... button.
- Browse to your unzipped folder, and select /windows/adm/en-US/chrome.adm
- Close the dialog box.
- In Local Group Policy Editor, browse to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) > Google > Google Chrome > Extensions.
- Double-click Configure extension installation blocklist to open it for editing.
- Click the Show... button
- In the first row, add an asterisk (*) to block all add-ons.
- Click OK and then OK again.
Now when you use Chrome, all extensions will be blocked.
Thanks for visiting,