Mapping drives in Win XP, Vista, and 7
This article covers the process for Windows XP, Vista and 7.
How to map a network drive
Start by logging on to your workstation, with an account that has access to the Windows share.
- Right-click the Start button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
- In Windows Explorer, select Computer in the left pane.
- Select Map network drive, in the toolbar.
- Choose a Drive letter from the drop-down (eg. Z:)
- Enter details for the shared Folder you wish to map to (eg. \\YourServer\Z$)
- Click Finish.
In Window XP the process is very similar, except you need to go to the Tools menu to find the Map network drive link.
Thanks for visiting.