PowerPoint not opening in Windows 11
You might find other people's PowerPoint files stop opening on your Windows 11 computer. You are invited to repair the file, but when you click the repair button it still doesn’t open. The following method fixed this issue.
Start by opening PowerPoint.
- Choose Blank presentation.
- Select the File tab.
- Click Options in the left pane.
- In the PowerPoint options dialog box, select the Trust Center tab.
- Click Trust Center Settings button.
- Select the Protected View tab.
- Uncheck all three options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again and close PowerPoint.
You should be able to open the files now without the invitation to repair the file. Note that you should only do this with trusted files. I recommend reenabling the Protected View options once you've opened the file, as they offer some protection against possible security threats from potentially dangerous files.
Thanks for visiting,