What is a Role?
Create an admin role
Start by logging on with your root account. Make a note of your Account ID by going to your Username > My Account.
- Go to Services > IAM.
- Select Roles in the left pane.
- Click the Create role button.
- Select the Another AWS account tab.
- Enter your Account ID.
- Click the Next: Permissions button.
- Select the AdministratorAccess policy.
- Click Next: Tags.
- Click Next: Review.
- Enter a Role name: (e.g. admin).
- Enter a Role description: (e.g. Full access to AWS services and resources.).
- Click Create role.
Now you have a role called admin. Click on your new role, to open it for editing, and click to copy the Role ARN (e.g. arn:aws:iam::1234567891011:role/admin).
You can now use this role and apply it to the Administrators Group.
Thanks for visiting.