Initial configurations for CiviCRM
Start by logging into the back-end of Joomla with a Super User account.
- Go to Components > CiviCRM.
- In the CiviCRM main (top) menu, go to Administer > Administration Console > Configuration Checklist.
This checklist allows you to go through some important initial configurations. Each section is fairly self explanatory and the link goes green after you have visited it. I've noted the links where I needed to make some changes.
- Check Language, Currency, Default Country and click Save.
- Organisation address and contact info.
- Enable Components.
- I added CiviCase.
- Register your site.
- Mapping and Geocoding.
- You might need to get an API key from Google. Remember to log on to your Google Apps account before clicking this link.
- Also you will likely need to verify to Google that you own the domain.
- Misc (Undelete, PDFs, Limits, Logging, Captcha, etc.)
- Payment Processors.
System Workflow Messages
CiviCRM will send email messages at various times when visitors use the system (e.g. Receipts for payments etc...). You can configure the email messages to suit your organisation.
- Go to Administer > Administration Console > Configuration Checklist.
- Cick System Workflow Templates.
- Edit any Template to suit your needs.
- When editing these templates, you can always revert to the original default template.
- Force redirect for www.yoursite.com to yoursite.com.
- Set up your Cron Job.
- Set up CiviMail.
- Configure your Resource URLs.
- System Workflow Messages.
Thanks for visiting.