Using Stripe for Payments
Stripe isn't installed by default.
- Go to Components > CiviCRM.
- Go to Administer > System Settings > Extensions.
- Click Add New.
- Click the Download link for Stripe (version at time of writing is 5.2).
- Click Download and Install.
Now that the Stripe extension is installed you can configure it using your Stripe credentials.
- Go to Administer > System Settings > Payment Processors.
- Click Add Payment Processor.
- Select Stripe from the Payment Processor Type dropdown.
- Enter a Name: Stripe.
- Financial Account: Payment Processor Account.
- Select your Accepted Credit Card Type(s).
- Copy and Paste your Secret and Publishable Keys for Live and Test.
- Click Save.
Note that Stripe keys are available when you log onto your stripe account.
When upgrading Stripe I had the following issue. CiviCRM System Status would report a fault with webhooks that couldn't be fixed by simply deleting the webhook (on Stripe account) and then clicking the Fix Webhooks button.
Here is the process that I followed to fix it:
- Install the updated version of Stripe, including MJWShared extension first.
- Go to Administer > CiviContribute > Payment Processors.
- Delete and recreate the Stripe payment processor.
- Log on to the Stripe dashboard.
- Go to Developers > Webhooks.
- Delete any old webhooks.
- On CiviCRM, go to Administer > Administration Console > System Status.
- Click the Fix webhooks link.
In deleting the existing Stripe payment processor, I then needed to reassociate the new payment processor for any Contribution page.
- Go to Contributions > Manage Contribution Pages.
- Click Configure > Title and Settings for any contribution page that was previously using the old Stripe payment processor.
- Select the Amounts tab.
- Tick the box for Payment Processor (e.g. Stripe).
Thanks for visiting.