Presenting dropdowns based on other elements
The Cascading Dropdown allows you to limit the choices of a dropdown element, depending on the contents of another dropdown. A common example would be a dropdown of states being dependent on a country dropdown choice. This article goes through an example implementation.
The cascadingdropdown plug-in is not installed by default.
- Start by downloading the latest version.
- Install the plugin, as a normal Joomla extension.
- Go to Extensions > Plugins.
- Enable the Fabrik Element - Cascading dropdown plugin.
Now you can add a new cascadingdropdown element.
- Go to Components > Fabrik > Elements.
- Click New.
- For Plugin, select cascadingdropdown.
- Select the Data tab.
- Choose the List, ID and Label of the source data List
- Select the Watch tab.
- Choose the element on the local list to Watch.
- Select the Foreign key from the source data to filter with.
Thanks for visiting,