How to install Front Accounting
Front Accouting is a php/MySQL accountancy package. Assuming you have web-hosting sorted, this article describes the installation process.
Visit the Front Accounting site and download the latest version.
Front Accounting 2.2.tar.gz (888 kb)
- Create a new MySQL database (eg accounts)
- Create a new domain (eg accounts.yourdomain.com)
- Copy and extract the downloaded file on to your web host.
- Using your favourite web browser, browse to https://accounts.yourdomain.com.
- Follow the wizard, and enter your own details.
- There will be some initial demo data for you to be able to get familiar with the system, that you can delete the data when you've finished with it.
- Once the install is finished you should delete the /install directory.
Login for the first time
When you first login you must use the following credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: the password you set in the installation.
Now you can start configuring Front Accounting.
Thanks for visiting.