Creating your first Classroom
Start by logging on to Classroom with your Teacher account.
- Click (top-right).
- Choose Create Class.
- Enter the following details:
- Class name (required): e.g. Yr 3, History
- Section: e.g. Humanities, Science etc...
- Subject: e.g. History, Physics etc...
- Room: e.g. H3, or Home study etc...
- Note that how you create your hierarchy will vary from school to school. In some instances Section might be a department for example.
Note that when you create a Classroom, a Google Calendar is automatically created that is owned by the teacher and shared with the students.
Here are some initial configuration that I often make to a new Classroom.
- Classroom settings, including whether students can post comments etc...
- Invite Students
- Invite other Teachers, or Leadership Team.
- Check Announcement permissions.
Other Classroom tasks
You can also create a copy of an existing classroom, and when the class has finished, you can archive it for future reference.
- Log on and go to the Classes view.
- Click and choose Copy or Archive.
Copying a Classroom, will recreate all your topics and Classwork items.
You and your students won't be able to make changes to an archived classroom, but you will be able to access it via Archived Classes in the Classroom menu.
Thanks for visiting,