Allow users to configure external SMTP servers
A great feature of Google Mail, is the ability to add multiple email addresses that you own. In particular I've used this feature to facilitate easy transitions from one domain name to another, by making emails appear to come from an old domain name, during the testing phase. By default you can't add email addresses from external SMTP servers, and you'll get an error message...You must send emails through yourdomain.com SMTP servers when you send as
This article describes how to change this setting.
Start by logging on to Google Apps, using an admin account.
- Go to Settings > Manage this domain.
- Click Apps > Google Apps > Gmail.
- Scroll down and click Advanced Settings.
- Scroll to the End User Access section.
- Enable the Allow per-user outbound gateways setting.
Thanks for visiting,