Change your own password
Start by logging in to G Suite with your normal password.
- Click your avatar (top-right) and click the Manage your Google Account button.
- Select Security in the left pane.
- In the Signing in to Google section, click Password.
- Enter your current password.
- Now you can enter (and confirm) a New password.
It is a good practice to do this at regular intervals, say every 6 months or a year.
Allowing users to reset their own password
By default G Suite forces users to contact an administrator when they want to reset their password. Start by logging on to G Suite with an admin account.
- Browse to admin.google.com.
- Click Security.
- Expand Basic settings.
- Click the Enable/disable non-admin user password recovery link.
- Select the checkbox for Enable non-admin user password recovery.
- Click Save.
Note that this change might take upto 24 hours to propagate to all users, but in my experience the change was immediate.
Thanks for visiting,