Reducing third party developer access
If you are concerned about third party access to your Google data, then you might want to limit your email users so that they can only install third party apps from your approved list. This article describes the process.
We can start by logging on to the Admin Console.
- Browse to https://admin.google.com.
- Click the Security icon.
- Expand API Permissions.
- Scroll to the bottom and enable Internal App Settings if you want to allow scripts created within your domain (e.g. staff created Google Scripts).
- In the API Access section, click the hyperlink under Gmail telling you how many apps your domain is currently using.
- You will now see a list of Installed Apps for Gmail with your domain.
- To see a list of installed apps for Calendar, change the filter and click the Search button.
- For all apps that you want to allow, click theand select Trust.
- Now you can select the Trusted tab to see all Apps that you have trusted.
Now you can go back to Security > API Permissions.
- For Gmail click the Disable radio button, and choose All access from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
Now your email users will only be able to use third party apps that are Trusted. Note that it might take upto 24 hours for your settings to take effect.
Thanks for visiting,