Installing Joomdle in Joomla
For this article, I have installed Joomla 3.6.2 and Moodle 3.1 as 2 separate domains (e.g. brochure.yoursite.com and courses.yoursite.com).
Now you are ready to install Joomdle in Joomla.
- Download the Joomdle Core files, and unzip.
- Log into Joomla back-end with an admin account.
- Go to Extensions > Manage > Install.
- Select the Upload Package File tab.
- Browse to your downloaded files, and select the joomdle-joomla-package.zip.
Configure Authentication Tokens
There are a number of mandatory configurations that you will need to make.
- Start by logging on to Moodle.
- Go to Site adminstration > Plugins > Web services > Manage tokens.
- Copy the token created for the Joomdle Connector user account.
You will need this in the next step
- Log into Joomla.
- Go to Components > Joomdle > Configuration.
- Select the General config tab.
- Enter the URL of your Moodle site.
- Enter the Auth token that you copied in the previous step.
- Click Save.
This will create a Joomla auth token that you can copy.
- Log back into Moodle.
- Go to Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage authentication.
- Click Settings for Joomdle authentication.
- Enter the URL of your Joomla site.
- Paste the Auth token from your Joomla site.
I recommend making sure that your admin user accounts on Moodle and Joomla use a different username prior to the next step.
- In Moodle, go to Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage authentication.
- Click Settings for Joomdle.
- Enable Sync users to Joomla.
Now when you add a new user in Joomla, it will be created in Moodle. Additionally when you delete a user in Joomla, the equivalent user in Moodle will also be deleted! By default, single sign-on (SSO) will also now work, whereby users who logon using Joomla, will automatically be logged on to the Moodle site, and when they log off of Joomla, they will also be logged off from Moodle.
Thanks for visiting.