Installing Akeeba Backup
It's so important to backup all you hard work and Akeeba Backup (formerly JoomlaPack) is a very easy to use, and reliable extension that lets you do just that! Learn how to install Joomla extensions to get yourself started.
Visit the Joomla extensions site to review Akeeba Backup and to get the latest version.
Install one of the following:
- Use eXtplorer or your web host's file manager to rename the backup directory (default is /administrator/components/com_akeeba/backup).
- Go to Components > Akeeba Backup > Configuration.
- Update the Output Directory with your new directory name.
- Click Save.
You may also want to exclude directories that contain large files that are already copied locally.
- Components > Akeeba Backup.
- Click Files and Directories Exclusion.
- Toggle Directories to exclude them.
- Click Tabular View to see all excluded directories (included nested ones).
Auto-Backup before Joomla Updates
By default, Akeeba will backup your website whenever you upgrade Joomla. There might be times when you would like to disable this (e.g. I always like to write a description for my backups).
- Go to Extensions > Plugins.
- Disable the System - Backup on upgrade Plugin.
Backing up your site
You're now ready to backup your site.
Thanks for visiting.