Helping search bots to find your site
Spiders like websites that are easy to read, and when they find one, that website gets a boost in the search ratings.
Adding a site map to your website allows spiders to quickly discover all your pages, and in conjunction with Google Webmaster Tools you can force the spiders to see your website. Learn how to install Joomla extensions to get yourself started.
Visit the Joomla extensions site to review Xmap and to get the latest version.
Install this component
- Go to Components > Xmap.
- Go the SiteMaps tab and add the menus that you want.
- Go to Options > Preferences and make a note of the xml and html sitemap URLs.
- Put the html hyperlink at the bottom of your home page.
Google Webmaster Tools
- Browse to the Google Webmaster Tools site.
- Log in with your Google account.
- From the home page click Add a site.
- Enter your site (eg www.yourdomain.com).
- Choose verification method html file.
- Create the html file with the name given and upload to the root of your site.
- Click Site Configuration > Site Maps.
- Click Submit Site Map and paste the address for the xml URL.
- If the html file method doesn't work you can try the meta tag method.
Thanks for visiting.