Google Calendars inside Joomla
With this extension, you can publish Google Calendars on your Joomla website. You manage the calendar with Google and publish it with Joomla. Learn how to install Joomla extensions to get yourself started. Note that there is a free version of DPCalendar, but you will need to purchase the Professional version in order to integrate Google Calendars.
Visit the Joomla extensions site to review DPCalendar and to get the latest version.
Download and install the following:
- DPCalendar-Professional_4_2_1.zip (690 kb)
Google Developer Console
You will need to ensure that the Google Developer Console is enabled.
- Browse to http://mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.com.
- Log on with a Google Admin account.
- Go to Settings (the cog) > Manage this domain.
- Click Apps.
- Click Additional Google Services.
- Ensure that Google Developer's Console is switched on.
- Log out.
- Browse to Google Developer's Console.
- Log on using the Google account from which you want to share calendars.
- Go to Components > GCalendar > GCalendars.
- Click Import.
- Click Please login to access the calendar data.
- Either select what's offered or Choose another account, then click Continue.
- Click Grant access.
- You will now have a list of available calendars for this Google account.
- Select any calendars that you want to publish and click Add.
- Log on to your Google account and go to your calendar.
- Go to Settings > Calendars.
- Click the CalendarName that you want to share, to see the details page.
- Click the HTML button in the Private Address section.
- Copy the Magic Cookie that appears at the end after ...pvttk=.
- Go back to Components > GCalendar > GCalendars.
- Select and Edit the GCalendar that you want.
- Paste the Magic Cookie.
- Be careful not to include a space at the end of the Magic Cookie.
- Click Save.
- To show the calendar in the front-end, go to Menus > Top Menu.
- Click New.
- Select GCalendar > GCalendar.
- In the Parameters (Basic) section, select the GCalendar that you just created.
- Give the menu item a name (eg. Calendar).
- Click Save.
- Go to Extensions > Module Manager.
- Edit GCalendar Overview: Enable this module and select calendars.
- Edit GCalendar Upcoming Events: Enable this module and select calendars.
- Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager.
- Edit Search - GCalendar: Enable this plugin and select calendars.
Go to the front-end to see your calendar and the modules published. You will also notice that GCalendar entries appear in your search results.
Thanks for visiting.