Give your Joomla visitors their own blog!
Learn how to install Joomla extensions to get yourself started.
Visit the Joomla extensions site to review Smart Blog and to get the latest version.
Download and extract the following:
Now you can install the following:
Log into the back-end of your Joomla site.
- Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager.
- Enable Search - Blog. This plugin will allow published blogs to be searchable.
- Go to Extensions > Module Manager.
- Enable BlogLatestPost.
- Adjust the other Module Parameters to suit your layout.
- Go to Menus > User Menu(or an equivalent menu).
- Click New to create a new menu item.
- In the Select Menu Item Type section, choose Blog > Myposts > Default layout.
- Enter My Blog for the menu Title.
You will now have a module that will appear on your front-end allowing visitors to view a list of the latest published blogs. You'll also have a link for viewing My Blog which will allow your visitors to create new blogs, edit their existing blogs, change their account details, and more.
Remember that published blogs are visible to everyone and unpublished blogs are only visible to the user.
Thanks for visiting.