Protect your site with jHackGuard
Visit the Joomla extensions site to review jHackGuard and to get the latest version.
Don't forget to backup your Joomla website before installing new extensions.
- Visit the jHackGuard extension.
- Click Download button.
- On the Siteground page that follows, click Download for your version of Joomla (hopefully 3.x).
- Install the downloaded extension.
jHackGuard will now be installed.
There are some initial configurations that you will want to make.
- Go to Components > jHackGuard.
- Click the link, inviting you to Enable the plugin in the Joomla Plugins Manager, and enable it.
- Go back to Components > jHackGuard.
- Click Options.
- On the jHackGuard tab, note the log level and rotation.
- Add your own Admin keyword value (e.g. mysecret).
- Enable the Admin keyword.
You will still be logged into the back-end of Joomla at this stage, but next time you log in you will need to browse to the following address:
If you want to know if jHackGuard is working, you can browse to the following address:
Now you can go to Components > jHackGuard > Event Logs. If jHackGuard is operational, it will have created an entry.
Thanks for visiting.