There are many aspects to Joomla configuration
Branding the footer
- To add your own information to the footer, edit /Languages/en-GB/en-GB.mod_footer.ini
SEF (Search Engine Friendly) names
To enable SEF for your Joomla website you must first rename /htaccess.txt to /.htaccess
- Go to Site > Global Configuration.
- Choose the Site tab.
- In the SEO Settingssection...
- Enable Search Engine Friendly URLs.
- Enable Use Apache mod_rewrite.
- Enable Add Suffix to URLs.
Now your URLs are much more human (and spider) readable!
Here are a couple of ideas to boost the page loading speed.
Optimise your database
Using phpMyAdmin you can optimise the tables in your database.
- Select your database in phpMyAdmin.
- Choose the Structure tab, and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click Check All.
- Choose Optimise table from the With selected: drop-down.
Install some extensions
A vanilla installation has a lot of features, but you will certainly benefit from investigating some of the extensions that are available for Joomla.
Thanks for visiting.