How to install Joomla extensions
To add a new feature to your website you will need to install an extension. Joomla extensions are installed in the back-end. Virtually all extensions install using the same method. This article describes the install procedure.
IMPORTANT: Always backup your Joomla site before installing a new extension.
First find that new extension
- You could start by having a look at my recommended extensions.
- Or you can search at the official Joomla extensions site.
- Logon to the back-end of your Joomla website (eg www.yourdomain.com/administrator) with at least Administrator rights.
- Select Extensions > Install/Uninstall.
- Browse to the .zip file that you downloaded in step 1.
- Click Upload file & install.
Thanks for visiting.