Initial preparations for a Joomla website
If you don't already have hosting, Siteground offer excellent value and service.
- You will need a web hosting solution in order to install Joomla.
- You now need to upload and extract the .zip file to your webserver. You could either use your web host tools to do this, or your favourite FTP client.
- Use your web hosts tools, or phpMyAdmin to create a new MySQL database.
- Create a database user with the following level of access:
Three permissions (CREATE, DROP and ALTER) can typically be removed for everyday use, but are needed when installing new components.
Note that for Joomla 3.0, you will need a recent version of PHP.
- Using cPanel, go to the Software section.
- Choose PHP Version Manager.
- Select the folder that you wish to apply the PHP version to.
- I typically use version 5.48 as this fixes any Magic Quotes issue.
You are now ready for the installation wizard.
Thanks for visiting.