Redirecting traffic to your site
Sometimes visitors will try to access your website, by using an out of date URL. Redirects allow you to give your visitors a better experience by simply redirecting the wrong URL to an working URL. This article describes the process of managing redirects.
Redirect System Plugin
We will start by enabling the Redirect System Plugin.
- Go to Extensions > Plugins.
- Filter for redirect to narrow down your search.
- Enable the System - Redirect plugin.
Now we can access the Redirects component. Whenever a visitor tries to access content on your website using an out of date URL, their attempt is recorded here.
- Go to Components > Redirects.
- Select an Expired URL for editing.
- Enter the Destination URL that you want this incorrect URL to redirect to.
- Change the Status to Enabled.
Thanks for visiting.