Make your URLs more readable
Historically Joomla has always included an article ID in the URL. It is a good SEO practice to make your URLs human readable, so removing the article ID should improve your SEO status. This article describes how to do this.
Start by logging on to Joomla 4.
- Go to Content > Articles.
- Click the Options button.
- Select the Integration tab.
- In the Routing section, toggle the Modern URL Routing setting.
- Enable the Remove IDs from URLs option.
Note that you may need to clear the cache to see the effect of this change.
Now that all your URLs have changed, you will likely have external links to your articles that have become out of date. The best fix for this is to use the Redirect feature of Joomla.
Thanks for visiting,