Once you've installed MantisBT, you are ready to start configuring. This article describes some initial settings.
A good first step is to force SSL access. I recommend using Let's Encrypt for SSL certificates.
The default administrator account should be disabled or deleted.
- Log on as administrator with the password of root.
- Go to Manage > Manage Users.
- Click Create a New Account.
- Set Access Level to Administrator.
- Enter other account details and click Create User.
Now you can log off and log on as your new user account, and delete the administrator account.
There is a useful environment check that you can run post install.
- Browse to https://yourdomain.com/admin/check
I found that I needed to add the following statements to my php.ini file:
register_argc_argv = 0
mysqli.allow_local_infile = 0
upload_max_filesize = 5M
Although I stil had some warnings, at this point I deleted the /admin directory.
The main file for configuration is the /config/config_inc.php file. Here are some initial settings that you will find useful. Don't forget the semi-colon at the end of the line!
$g_allow_signup = OFF;
$g_from_name = 'Issue Tracker';
$g_enable_email_notification = ON;
Thanks for visiting.