Initial preparations for a Matomo install
Note that for Matomo, you will need the following:
- Webserver such as Apache, Nginx, IIS, etc.
- PHP version 5.5.9 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.5 or greater, or MariaDB.
- (enabled by default) PHP extension pdo and pdo_mysql, or the mysqli extension.
- Install an SSL Certificate (e.g. use Let's Encrypt).
- You now need to upload and extract the .zip file to your webserver. You could either use your web host tools to do this, or your favourite FTP client.
- Use your web hosts tools, or phpMyAdmin to create a new MySQL database.
You are now ready for the installation wizard.
Thanks for visiting.