Configure Nextcloud to use SMTP mail services
By default Nextcloud is configured to use PHP for sending its email notifications. This can cause problems with email being filtered and not arriving in inboxes. This article describes how to setup SMTP mail services for Google services with Nextcloud 15.0.5
Start by logging on to your Nextcloud instance using an admin account.
- Click your image (top-right) and choose Settings from the drop-down list.
- Select Basic settings in the left pane.
- In the Email server section:
- For Send mode choose SMTP
- For Encryption select SSL/TLS
- For Authentication method select Login.
- Click the checkbox for Authentication required.
- Server address: smtp.gmail.com, with Port 465.
- Click Store credentials button, to save your user account details.
Note that if you are using Gmail, you might need to Allow less secure apps for this account.
Thanks for visiting.